Sunday, August 10, 2008

All Paleo, All The Time

The Challenge:

1 Month of 100% Paleo/Zone @ 15 Blocks. I'm going to half the amount of carb blocks (round up to 8), and do 3x Fat (45 blocks). Here's the math:

15 blocks Protein x 7g/block = 105g Protein x 4kcal/g = 420kcal
8 blocks Carb x 9g/block = 72g Carb x 4kcal/g = 288kcal
45blocks Fat x 3g/block = 135g Fat x 9kcal/g = 1215kcal

1923kcal Total.

I may up my fat blocks based on hunger levels. I'm also going to include a small amount of dairy in the form of butter for cooking, and sour cream and cream cheese as additional fat sources. Alcohol will be restricted to wine, and no more than 1 drink on a weekday, 3 drinks on the weekend. I will track my bodyweight daily when possible. Today will be a little off because I haven't bought any groceries yet, so my first and maybe second meal will be out.

09:30: BW = 178lbs

WOD:

Rest

Nutrition:

13:00: The High Life: Cobb Salad (
Big bowl with grilled chicken breast, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese & diced egg in red wine vinaigrette) + Extra Dressing (I got blue cheese instead of the vinaigrette).

16:00: Calirfornia Pizza Kitchen: Original Chopped Salad (Chopped lettuce, basil, salami, chilled roast turkey breast, diced tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese tossed in our herb-mustard Parmesan vinaigrette and topped with green onions).

20:00: Chutney's Bistro: Chicken Tikka Masala (no rice). Chicken Tikka.

No comments: