Monday, July 09, 2007

WOD:

Back Squat
1 x 5 x 122.5kg
1 x 2 x 122.5kg (miss)
2 x 5 x 122.5kg
1 x 3 x 122.5kg (miss)
1 x 3 x 122.5kg (miss)

Push Press
5 x 5 x 70kg

That's the first time I've missed a rep back squatting since I started progressing 2.5kg/week back in March. I think I'm going to switch to Front Squats next week and see how far I can get.

Nutrition:

11:30am: 6 Eggs, 1tbsp Butter, 1 Avocado, 2oz Salsa. 2 Apricots.

5:30pm: 2scoops Egg White Protein, 3cups Berries, 1can Coconut Milk.

8:30pm: Piper's Creek Pub: 1 Heart Attack Burger. 2 Beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on the BS program.

FWIW, being that you took time off your between sessions (more than a week with the BS) you should have stayed with the previous WO weight (120) - you did not earn the next weight increment.

Go back to 120. See how you do.

Then go to 121 (read: slow your progression for a bit to keep things rolling). Ensure other variables are on (diet, life-stresses etc), and not distracting you from your goals / but supporting them.

Your goal should be to keep the progression going for as long as you can - without changing things up.

Craig Cooper said...

Thanks for the advice anonymous. I was actually thinking about doing that, after consulting Practical Programming, by Rippetoe. I'm pretty sure that my lack of progress this week has more to do with the increased time between workouts and lack of recovery over the weekend than anything else.