Thursday, September 25, 2008

Clam Chowder: Off The Menu

07:00: BW = 171.8lbs

I think I can finally identify clam chowder as a poor food choice. I always knew intuitively that it was bad depending on the clam/potato ratio, but also because most restaurants put flour in the broth as a thickener. The fact that it was the only questionable food in my diet yesterday, and I gained over a pound is enough proof for me that I shouldn't be eating it. Bummer, I really like clam chowder.

WOD:

Power Clean 2-2-2-2-2-2-2

70-75-80-80-80-80-80kg

Felt terrible. 80kg felt a lot heavier than it should have. I didn't feel like I was getting enough hip extension or shrug, my catch was ugly on the last few sets.

Nutrition:

12:00: Blue Star Cafe & Pub: Top Gun Scramble w/ extra Bacon (3 Eggs, Bacon, Spinach, Jack Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado, Pico de Gallo). Side of Fruit.

16:00: 1 Serving Sonoma Chicken Salad. 1 Apple.

21:00: Jalisco: Chips & Salsa. Beef & Chicken Fajitas (combo plate, no rice, beans, or tortillas; just meat, onions, bell peppers, sour cream, guacamole). 2 Margaritas.

1 comment:

TbonMisfit said...

I bet you can make homemade clam chowder pretty easily - just use real heavy cream and leave out the potatoes from the recipe if you want. You can cheat a little bit by putting in some sort of starch like potato/corn starch - less than a 1/2 tsp will probably do the trick. Probably quite a bit cheaper than eating out all the time too. ;)